• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• megustaleer

• Hazel

• lunababymoonchild

• momac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too do not like heat over much. However, I think of those cold, icy, snowdrift days and how much they kept me indoors too. On balance, I think I am enjoying this warm spell more and relishing the cool breeze that open windows and doors can bring.

I don't care what anybody says, it's too hot and I HATE it. I wish that somebody would turn down the heating to a reasonable level. I'm prepared to accept constantly dry and wall to wall sunshine but I'm melting here and suffering at least a little bit.

Still, Glasgow Fair tomorrow it has to rain at some point.

;)

Have to say I've not been too bad in the heat. I've lost a lot of weight over the last couple of years though so I'm dealing with the heat minus nearly 6 stone of my usual blubber. :)

;)

Have to say I've not been too bad in the heat. I've lost a lot of weight over the last couple of years though so I'm dealing with the heat minus nearly 6 stone of my usual blubber. :)

That may well be my problem, Lucy. I could do with losing some 6+ stone and then I might be more comfortable. I also have fair easy-to-burn skin so can't really sit out in too long. It is better than constant rain but I do adore all the cold freezing weather although even I get bored with it if it lasts too long and this heat - apparently 30 degrees here which is unusual - is too long for me. And then there's the radios in the back garden type behaviour that we get here ..................

It's really difficult to read while doing housework or out gardening or add your own excuse here............ I have many! Certainly sitting in one place is the most comfortable way unless you like the audible books. :D

There's an important question we should be asking ourselves here - why is it that all avid book readers could do with losing 6 stone?
Not all of us... ;)

But even without 6 stone of extra whatever, I'm a grumpy, sweaty, melty mess. That said, I do feel that it's the turn of the sun-lovers to have it there way. We can be sure it won't last for ever.

Have to say I've not been too bad in the heat. I've lost a lot of weight over the last couple of years though so I'm dealing with the heat minus nearly 6 stone of my usual blubber.

:clap:

Mucho respect, Luce! That's a heck of an achievement. Mind you, by the time you shave your hair off there'll be nothing left of you!

Not all of us... ;)

But even without 6 stone of extra whatever, I'm a grumpy, sweaty, melty mess. That said, I do feel that it's the turn of the sun-lovers to have it there way. We can be sure it won't last for ever.

Sounds like it's been far hotter elsewhere. It's been hanging fount the 25°C mark here.

There's an important question we should be asking ourselves here - why is it that all avid book readers could do with losing 6 stone?

not to boost or anything, but here comes some boosting. i could only do with losing 6 kg :D

i am making use of the sun currently. i'm just back from a 7k walk. i also did 7km walk on thursday and friday and a 12km cycle on wednesday. i'm currently on my 2 weeks holidays from work so i have spare time but if i can keep it when i go back to work on 2 wednesdays time, i'd be happy. :)

not to boost or anything, but here comes some boosting. i could only do with losing 6 kg :D

i am making use of the sun currently. i'm just back from a 7k walk. i also did 7km walk on thursday and friday and a 12km cycle on wednesday. i'm currently on my 2 weeks holidays from work so i have spare time but if i can keep it when i go back to work on 2 wednesdays time, i'd be happy. :)

Good for you iff - sounds like you're doing well in the fitness area - keep it up.

:)

Good for you iff - sounds like you're doing well in the fitness area - keep it up.

:)

thank you.

it is so much easier to work out when you have 16 free hours a day :D

hopefully i can keep it up when i'm back at work next week.

;)

Have shed a similar amount over the past couple of years and I was wondering why I seem to be coping better with the current hot spell than I have done in the past - hadn't thought that it might be for the same reason that I couldn't get warm all winter. Hey ho - swings & roundabouts!

That would take me down to 5st 4lbs (I managed to drop 10lbs earlier this year following a few minor diet changes and am back to what I weighed 10 years ago), which would not be a good look for me.