• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• momac

• lunababymoonchild

• megustaleer

• Hazel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations L_l. :) Always love to hear happy baby news!

I am getting ready for a bbq later, have just popped this in the oven and am hoping for the best (I'm not an experienced cook by any means!). OH is now busy marinading and I have been banished from the kitchen (he is expert chef!). :P

Eek! What kind is he? What do you do with him?

(sorry, I'm not much of a snakeophile!)

:D He is a Normal Royal Python, and he sleeps a lot so far! We just need to feed him and play with him 3-5 times a week, but he is gorgeous and we are deeply smitten! He is 4 months old.
Oh Hazel, he's GORGEOUS!
I know - he is beautiful.

How big will he grow? Where did you get him?
He'll grow to about 3-4 foot, not big at all really, and we got him from a great breeder in Erskine. The contents of her house were quite something - 200 snakes, a parrot, tortoises, lizards...she let the boys hold a few HUGE snakes and it was hard to wipe the smiles off the boys' faces.
He'll grow to about 3-4 foot, not big at all really, and we got him from a great breeder in Erskine.
Phew, was worried in case he grew to about 20 feet or something with the potential to squash somebody!

Who would know? Snake breeders in Erskine, fancy that.

she let the boys hold a few HUGE snakes and it was hard to wipe the smiles off the boys' faces.
Oh, I can just imagine. Last time I touched a snake I was in primary school, it was fantastic. What a great experience.
We just need to feed him and play with him 3-5 times a week.

Cool. So what can you play with him? I'd imagine 'fetch' would be a little on the slow side.

I suppose you could roll a ball for him to bat awa...

Ah, no.

Could he chase you as you hide behind a...

No, probably not.

I'm struggling here!

;)

No, he looks very cute, Hazel, and I'd enjoy handling him. I hope he settles into Casa Hazel quickly and that the cats aren't too alarmed.

Something tells me your Trick or Treating is going to have an extra coily twist this year...

Gorgeous? You need an adjective with more SSSSSSSSSs in it. Sensuous? Sinewy?

My sole experience with snakes is sort of semi immortalised* in the photo I'm using on Facebook at the moment. In it I'm laughing a lot, despite having snakes draped around my neck, because off screen one of the arab snake holders is suggesting I add a cobra to my unusual assortment of accessories. :yikes:

I passed on that.

(* gave up on the alliteration here as breakfast beckons)

Wow! Is everyone likely to be coming home from such an experience...?
:D Oh, yes, all safe and sound! 'Twas just a fun day out with a 'crime' to solve interactively.

Best of luck, Jeremy :)

Hi Momo :wavey:

Congratulations l_l, wonderful news :flowers:

Hazel, I think he's very beautiful, though I don't think I'd ever have a snake myself. Great name!

Cool. So what can you play with him? I'd imagine 'fetch' would be a little on the slow side.

:D He likes being handled, he loves the warmth of your skin, so just like a cat really, he likes being held and stroked. Though for the last few hours he has been fast asleep curled up inside a toilet roll tube that's in his box.

No, he looks very cute, Hazel, and I'd enjoy handling him. I hope he settles into Casa Hazel quickly and that the cats aren't too alarmed.

He is terribly cute and no, the cats have completely ignored him.

Something tells me your Trick or Treating is going to have an extra coily twist this year...
Now, there's an idea!

L_L, wonderful news! And Louis is a great name for your little one, my son's middle name, after his grandfather.

Hazel, could we have warning when you're about to post a picture of your new arrival? I'm scared to open up further posts on BGO in case one is lurking - I have acute sn..e phobia... - though wish your family every happiness and trying to be cool about it - aaaggghhh! :scared:

Hazel, could we have warning when you're about to post a picture of your new arrival? I'm scared to open up further posts on BGO in case one is lurking - I have acute sn..e phobia... - though wish your family every happiness and trying to be cool about it - aaaggghhh! :scared:

:D So sorry BP, I was just so in love with him that I thought everyone else would see how gorgeous he was too! From now on, warnings a-plenty!

Welcome to the world, baby Louis, and mazel tov to you L_L and other half.

And, well, Hazel, a snake wouldn't be my first choice of pet, but I hope Ripley Goop is everything you want. Unusual name, how did you come by it?

Bank Holiday weekend south of the border. Lady L and I ferried Lady L junior down to Worthing yesterday, where a couple of good friends of mine moved to a few months ago. They have a lovely house compared to tiny place they had in Brighton and, whille the weather wasn't the best, we had a pleasant time on the sea front.

My new regime seems to be paying dividends so far. I've shifted three kilos this week according to the scales. I know it gets tougher to shed the weight, but I'm a bit pleased with myself thus far. Started tablets on Tuesday but haven't checked yet to see what effect they've been having.

We're off for a picnic in the local country park shortly. Three day weekends are the way forward!

And, well, Hazel, a snake wouldn't be my first choice of pet, but I hope Ripley Goop is everything you want. Unusual name, how did you come by it?

Ripley because hubby and the boys love the Alien films, and well, a snake is ripple-y, and Goop because eldest wanted to call him Goop after a Ben 10 alien so we made it a double barrelled name.

He is still asleep. Not dead, asleep.

I've shifted three kilos this week according to the scales. I know it gets tougher to shed the weight, but I'm a bit pleased with myself thus far.

Holy moly! That's fantastic Gram, no wonder you are feeling pleased with yourself!

You're right to be pleased with yourself Gram. My e-diet from your Co. means a loss of five pounds over weeks and weeks. Not your Co's fault: weekends I eat my normal fare plus wine and also....

Busy with a Picasa web album currently: it's a mammoth task.