Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

What great football Barca! I'm not particularly anti-Man U (considering I'm an Arsenal fan) but I was chuffed about the result.

What great football Barca! I'm not particularly anti-Man U (considering I'm an Arsenal fan) but I was chuffed about the result.
Totally agree - Barca played sublime football. As far as ManU are concerned, I think they project a superior image for the most part and I for one am not sad that they were our-played by a footballing team because I felt they looked more like a group of arrogant individuals. (This view has, of course, go nothing to do with the fact that I live in Lancashire and they are one of our rival ;) )

Another grey, wet, dismal day here. Where is all this sunshine we've been promised. So I think I will catch up on my ironing (sitting down) and start a new book.

It's a grey looking day here too and I'm confined to quarters awaiting a delivery. I had intended to catch up on a few chores but here I am surfing!

Never mind, I'll get to it and read another chapter of my present read and perhaps start another to fill in the gaps.

Luna

It's a beautiful day here (sorry to those who are having miserable weather, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm currently in the library looking out at the sun instead of out enjoying it).

Going to have some lunch now and read some more of Gormenghast.

Going to have some lunch now and read some more of Gormenghast.
I also had a bit of a walk outside, hoping the nice weather would raise my spirits a little - didn't work, though. I'm expecting word any day about the scholarship I applied for back in January and it's been on my mind so much that I'm dreaming about it, and that's quite annoying.

If I knew whether or not I'd got it I could move on and stop thinking about it. It would be really great to get it, since I wouldn't have to worry about money for a while and I've been worrying about it a lot lately (like so many people, I know). I've been looking for a part time job while I'm studying, but no luck so far. Still, it could always be worse.

I also had a bit of a walk outside, hoping the nice weather would raise my spirits a little - didn't work, though. I'm expecting word any day about the scholarship I applied for back in January and it's been on my mind so much that I'm dreaming about it, and that's quite annoying.

If I knew whether or not I'd got it I could move on and stop thinking about it. It would be really great to get it, since I wouldn't have to worry about money for a while and I've been worrying about it a lot lately (like so many people, I know). I've been looking for a part time job while I'm studying, but no luck so far. Still, it could always be worse.

Gosh, the very best of luck FLS.

Just been playing with a fabulous brand new gadget. It's called a DigiScribble - I saw it on the Gadget Show and went IWOOT! You get a pen and a little sensor which you clip to an ordinary pad. You write on the pad and then connect the sensor up to your pc and it converts it to text. Great for me as I take a pad and pen everywhere (especially at work at lunchtimes - they frown on me bringing my own laptop) and then take ages transcribing things back onto the pc at home. And it can read my writing! I LOVE it!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/APCOM-DIGISCRIBBLE-MOBILE-DIGITAL-PEN/dp/B0014FC3J6

Not normally a gadget head but this is very cool :D

Thanks bp and Luna - trying not to think about it at all today. We'll see how that goes...

This morning I rang 3 'customer services' to get them to cancel the broadband account I had with them. I had lots of problems with it in the beginning and they weren't very helpful, so after I got the problems fixed on my own I decided I would close my account with them once the contract was up, which it now is. Spent about ten minutes on the phone listening to the guy try to get me to change my mind, which I absolutely did not do and had no intention of doing. The thing is, those people are trained to deal with people in a certain way in order not to lose their custom, but they're taught nothing about listening to the tone of a person's voice, and mine was rather impatient and determined. The guy even had the gall to suggest I might change my mind. Fat chance. I'd already told him, more than once, that I wasn't interested in anything he could say to make me change m mind. I wanted the account closed, full stop.

Succeeded at last and in thirty days time I will take enormous pleasure in getting a hammer and smashing the modem into teeny tiny little bits. (Sorry, I'm feeling rather vindictive today.)

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't buy anything from 3 mobile.

NSA - what a lovely surprise! I hope you are well?

And how is your sister, who has been absent for even longer?

Oh, she's just got back from travelling - she went to Vietnam, Nepal, India and Thailand. She was gone for 3 months. In September she's off to the Courtauld Institute of Art for 3 years to study History of Art :o

And yes, I am well thank you.

It's been a while huh?

...I saw it on the Gadget Show and went IWOOT!
Yeah, I wouldn't mind one myself, lucy. I type a lot of my notes, but when I'm reading a novel, it's much easier to just write them by hand. I have a Mac, though: I wonder if you can get one that works on Mac OS?

I've just said goodbye to my student who's doing her English exam on Wednesday. We had longer session to go through a few last things. She seems very calm and cool about it all: I don't think I was like that! I'm sure she'll do very well anyway. I feel a great sense of accomplishment at being able to help. :)

Just watching the Cup Final on ITV - (well it's on anyway - more for MOH than me.) I don't think I'll bother to stick around and watch it - the camera work is uber crap. Don't know if it's 'cos there's a long shadow across the pitch or it's down to amateurish camera work.

It's a scorcher here and for the first time in living memory there are no radios on! I sat in the sun for a wee while reading, then it got too hot and I sat in the shade for a wee while (also reading although a change in book didn't help, must be my concentration then) and actually got cold, then I came indoors.

My men are out and about and there is nobody - write it down and hold the front page - standing about drinking and being anti-social, wow!

A great day indeed.

Luan

Plenty of radios on here, unfortunately. What is it about fine weather that makes people think they can inflict their musical taste on everyone else?

I'm off out for a walk with the dog.

Thanks all for your well wishes - I'm sure it will be fine. After the trauma of my two back operations this one seems fairly minor! It appears I may have broken my foot some point in the past and not known (!) - probably when I was a gymnast - and as a result I have a problem with my right foot - so I'm going in to have it broken and re-set.....:scratchhe

I will be in plaster for six weeks and off work for a couple of weeks. MOH is taking the first couple of days off to look after me - after that I have no one at home each day, just me, my books and BGO. So every cloud does have a silver lining :)

Well, since all the cuckoos are dying out modern Britain will have to come up with some other seasonal indicators.

I therefore submit the first topless sunbather as the harbinger of summer, in which case I can report a spotting on the beach here this afternoon and an official weather-lore confirmation of the opening to a welcome season.

Plenty of radios on here, unfortunately. What is it about fine weather that makes people think they can inflict their musical taste on everyone else?

Exactly. I don't inflict mine on everbody else and if I did it wouldn't be long before I was strung up - apparently, Heavy Metal is an anti-social form of music for some reason :rolleyes:

This is why I felt the need to post on a public forum that there were none playing today, because it's so unusual. As unusual as the sunshine. Even at 7.37 pm there is no music at all. Brilliant.

Radders, I hope that it all goes well for you.

Luna

We don't get summer in Scotland :(
Oh please, the nice weather lady on the BBC just told me that it was warmer in the Highlands today than it was in Rome. And she wouldn't lie.

Oh please, the nice weather lady on the BBC just told me that it was warmer in the Highlands today than it was in Rome. And she wouldn't lie.

I'm in Scotland ....................................