Jump to content
Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Recommended Posts

On 12/12/2018 at 22:20, lunababymoonchild said:

Thanks Momac.  I have vitamin D tablets to take and, of course, I'm in the process of altering my diet.  Exercise is out of the question just now as I'm too tired.

Luna, make sure your doctor prescribes InVita D3, which is oil based (vitamin D is fat soluble) (and make sure it's D3 not D2) and not Fultium (which has a nasty blue dye).  Both are available on the NHS and there is no cost difference.

I hope you feel better soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, tagesmann said:

Luna, make sure your doctor prescribes InVita D3, which is oil based (vitamin D is fat soluble) (and make sure it's D3 not D2) and not Fultium (which has a nasty blue dye).  Both are available on the NHS and there is no cost difference.

I hope you feel better soon.

 

Thank you Tag, I'll check.

 

ETA It is Fultium but already prescribed and taken, so not sure what I can do about it

Edited by lunababymoonchild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tagesmann said:

If you need any more (I do hope they are going to continue to monitor you) then you can/should discuss with your GP.

 

I'm being monitored very closely.  After the course of vit. D has expired - 3 months worth - I have to buy my own, so I'll be very careful with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luna, I have Vitamin D3 which the doctor suggested I purchase at the drug store (chemist) after my yearly physical.  It's in a small drop bottle where I have to tip it up and just drop one drop onto my tongue each day (when I remember) and it's 1000 IU.  I don't need a prescription, don't know if it's different in the UK but I don't think it was very costly.  He just suggested that I take it but as a useful vitamin.  Do you have to take larger amounts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, momac said:

Luna, I have Vitamin D3 which the doctor suggested I purchase at the drug store (chemist) after my yearly physical.  It's in a small drop bottle where I have to tip it up and just drop one drop onto my tongue each day (when I remember) and it's 1000 IU.  I don't need a prescription, don't know if it's different in the UK but I don't think it was very costly.  He just suggested that I take it but as a useful vitamin.  Do you have to take larger amounts?

 

I'm taking large amounts just now but when that's finished I can take an average dose.  I can get it, I assume, in the supermarket so I'll be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got some yesterday in Tesco's (not sure what country you're in) or a health food shop should have them.  First time I had them was from the doctor's, but you could also buy it in the supermarket but it was different to the one I've got now, and doesn't seem to be available any more, unless it is only available on prescription now (typically as it's more expensive that way!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madeleine said:

I got some yesterday in Tesco's (not sure what country you're in) or a health food shop should have them.  First time I had them was from the doctor's, but you could also buy it in the supermarket but it was different to the one I've got now, and doesn't seem to be available any more, unless it is only available on prescription now (typically as it's more expensive that way!).

 

I'm in Glasgow Madeleine and shop at Tesco so that's good to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dad died on Friday.

He had been in hospital for three months.  They let him go home on Thursday and he died that night.  It's been a horrible couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Tag, how very sad for you, I hope you have lots of family and friends to help you deal with such a sad happening.  To be in hospital that long and then to pass away when he gets home is such a shock. It's hard to know what to say to you except maybe your Dad wanted to be home and go on his own terms.  Please accept my condolences and hopefully as each day passes the sadness will lift just a little.  Sending good thoughts your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry about your Dad, tag.

I rather think momac may be right.  It does happen that some people can fight the moment of death until they can be at home, and then cease the struggle in familiar surroundings .

I hope this possibility  may bring you some comfort.

Sending my condolences, best wishes for the next few difficult days and hopes that the sadness of this time will eventually be replaced by many happy memories of your father

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tag, I am very sorry.  It's incredibly difficult to lose a parent and even worse during the holidays.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry about your dad, Tag. You aren't ever prepared for the impact of losing a parent, even when you've been expecting it and know that it's a release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meg, was wondering how your aches and pains from your fall are progressing, you mentioned on my 'rant' post that lately you don't walk as much and I'm guessing that you are still recovering from your fall?

 

Also, I may have asked before but how does your present location compare with where you lived before.  Do you notice a lot of differences, either positive or negative?  You seem to have settled well into the gardening. Was just thinking about you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about the insomnia Tag, how old was your Dad?  Was there a problem with his illness diagnosis.  I hope it all gets straightened out for you soon, grief is an almost unbearable situation but in time it gets better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry about your insomnia Tag but it's understandable.  Speaking from experience, the autopsy is standard practice - everybody who dies at home needs to have one - and doesn't indicate that there could be something suspicious.  The coroner will stop as soon as (s)he finds a cause of death and then you can have a funeral.   They know it's a nightmare for the family who is waiting and they do their best to get it done as quickly as is humanly possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a bit of a dull week here, some of the dullness in our minds, so thought I would cheer us up by having a different kind of meal.  I ordered delivery of Chinese food and it was a big success.  Haven't had it in a couple of years and it was deliciously different from our normal fare.  Had enough to enjoy it again tonight for dinner and there is still some left.  You get good value for your dollar.  Most veggies on the raw side, al dente, I think it's called, so it certainly isn't eat and run with this food.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×