Sign in to follow this  
Revony

The Cavern of Black Ice

I read this book a while back and it struck me as on of the best written stories I had read since Lord of the Rings. I would recommend it to anyone!

We have two main characters; Raif and Ash both who, though terrible events of their own end up having their destiny's linked and begin a dangerous journey to The Cavern of Black Ice to despel a power that Ash discovers she has; and is killing her.

The story has it's jump moments, times of fear, of suspence, laughter and even a few times that make you go 'ahh'....but then sometimes afterwards go 'ewww' heehee

This book is the first of the trilogy and the third book is still awaiting release!

(can't wait)

It's an absolute fantastic read!!!

Has anyone else read it??

I have read this and the second book (A Fortess of Grey Ice) in the trilogy. Both are excellent and have been waiting with baited breath for book 3 (A Sword from Red Ice), which is due out in October this year. I highly recommend J V Jones other books, The Baker Boy Trilogy, 'The Baker Boy', 'Master & Fool' and 'A Man Betrayed' and The Barbed Coil (a stand alone story). All are highly entertaining and as you said, revony, they really do have everything a good story should.

I haven't read these, but they do look good... maybe they should be added to my Christmas list! They sound similar in style to David Eddings' and Raymond Feist's work. Would you say that's true? Cos if so then I think I may have to get them - can't get enough of that kind of thing!

im afraid I do not know of those works but I would definatly recommend them to you Opal because the story is just amazingly well written and the describtions take you back into the world that's created.

The action hardly stops throughout.

Highly recommended a definate add to the Christmas list ;)

Thanks Revony! If you haven't come across them before but like the whole Lord of the Rings style fantasy fiction then I would highly recommend Raymond Feist's The Magician. It's brilliant stuff and the start of a series of series'! :D

I think I have seen those ones around Waterstones actually I have been very tempted to start reading them. It's just on a student budget there isn't much money left for books. oh well. I'll get round to it heehee :rolleyes:

I love fantasy and this sounds good but the sentence "We have two main characters; Raif and Ash both who, though terrible events of their own end up having their destiny's linked and begin a dangerous journey to The Cavern of Black Ice to despel a power that Ash discovers she has; and is killing her.

"

really does conjure up an image of most other fantasy novels.

Well Caveren of Black Ice is one of the first fantasty novels that I have read so I am not sure what is considered typical of the genre. But it is a delightful read even if you are not too keen on the genre.