Elgar's birthday

woofwoof

How lovely. If I remember correctly it's still new to you and that's probably lovely too.

We spent our honeymoon based in Malvern and walking in the Malvern Hills (a few weeks off 30 years ago). It sounds tame when travel is so easy now. I can remember us literally skipping across hills singing tunes from 'The Dream of Gerontius' and his 'Enigma Variations' at the tops of our voices, because there was no-one else around.

How lovely. If I remember correctly it's still new to you and that's probably lovely too.

Yes, it is a lovely part of the world to be. Unfortunately, it won't seem so lovely tomorrow when I'm back at work and commuting 80 miles a day. At least I've got something nice to come home to.

I can remember us literally skipping across hills singing tunes from 'The Dream of Gerontius' and his 'Enigma Variations' at the tops of our voices, because there was no-one else around.

How romantic! I do think the hills bring out the madness in us :D

*stands up with flag in hand*

'Land of Hope and Glory! Mother of the Free! How shalt we extol thee? Those who are born of thee?

Ahh...last night of the Proms would have never been the same if he had never written that immortal piece!

*bows to Elgar*