Sign in to follow this  
Minxminnie

Embarrassing reading moments

I was finishing off The Book Thief in bed and flooded the bed with my tears. So embarrassing. The hubby was clinging to a life raft in the middle of the room.

My friend has just finished this - she was underwhelmed. Savage that she is.

at the other end of the spectrum I was in bits by the time I had finished HP & the Deathly Hallows The Princes tale chapter about Snape started me off I managed to get a grip and control myself and then the bit where the dead bodies are described in the great hall and the people amongst the dead who are named that bit did me completely thankfully I was in the privacy of my own home at the time.

Ah, same problem here... though the first time I read it I was on a crowded beach in France with my family. I hid in the kids sun tent until I could control myself!

:D I wasn't the only one as I passed the book onto my mum and sister so on subsequent days they hid in the tent!

Laughing out loud on the train when reading the Georgia Nicolson books by Louise Rennison... :o

While reading 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' on honeymoon, and my hubby was waiting to read it right after me based on how much I was enjoying it

getting right near the end and being so surprised by a twist that I just blurted out entirely as some sort of reflex reaction, exclaiming outloud 'Its Harriet!!!!'....oops! He still read it and enjoyed it though!