Sign in to follow this  
Momo

Congratulations

Hazel:I never think of myself as 'soppy' or particularly sentimental but if someone gets the family album out and I see my favourite photo of our son at nine months I have a hard job not misting up. And that son is now the father of a five-year-old. It's true, (isn't it?) that there's something special about the mother/son relationship. Not too controversial surely.

I am making the most of it, I hope. It's just odd to see those little milestones popping up now. Wobbly tooth...next it will be driving lessons. At least I have a younger boy to go through it all again!

It's just odd to see those little milestones popping up now.

More like little milestones dropping out! ;)

Indeed - enjoy it while it lasts!

Thank you so much to all for the birthday greetings. I'm very touched. Just discovered this thread so am very happy now. :)

Twas a lovely birthday apart from Ireland losing the Six Natons because of a try that shouldn't have been awarded :grumble: but oh well.

Thank you all so much and Hazel, I hope the Tooth Fairy was generous.

I'm not one for sharing too much of my private life on BGO, but this one is too big to let pass by.

My partner Ursula gave birth to our baby boy this morning at 6.05am. Six pounds three ounces. It's my first which, given that I'm 46, has been a long wait. So the congratulations go to Ursula and to our yet to be named son, more than me. They did the difficult part together.

(This goes some way to explaining why I haven't been around so much lately, and please forgive me if I am over-reliant on my moderators in the coming weeks.)

Many congratulations indeed, Bill! That's wonderful news. And of course best wishes to Ursula and bouncing baby Bill!

party-smiley-006.gif

....Perhaps I won't start a new thread to choose his name...

;)

Bill, you don't know me at all, but I couldn't resist saying congratulations, that's such lovely news.

I have three boys and know that you have some real treats ahead.

Wonderful Bill. Many congratulations to you all. As a mother of 4 boys i can only wish you luck

seriously it's great news and about that poll David.........

:beerchug::festive::arms::beerchug:

Many Congratulations Bill. If we see you contributing in the wee small hours over the next few months, we will all know you are up keeping your wonderful son company!

Bill, that's terrific news! You must be on cloud nine! Much love to you both and to your new little one...:wavey: Babies are just the BEST!

Remembering our feelings when our son was born, I can just imagine how you're feeling about this wonderful event in your lives.

CONGRATULATIONS!