Sign in to follow this  
jac

David Attenborough - Life on Air

Superb book - he's done pretty well for someone who didn't own a TV when he was offered a job in television. Part travelogue, part natural history. part anthropology and part history of TV making this is well written and highly entertaining. A very interesting life indeed

D'you know - I started reading this several months ago, but I can't remember where I've put my copy! I agree, it's a fascinating book, although I found I could only read it for about 30 minutes at a time. It avoids the problem I often find with auto-biogs - many of them skip over events that you want to know about in more detail, whereas others can give you too much detail when you want to move on! It's a true sign of a "man of the people" that DA strikes the right balance.

This has to be one of the best autobiographies I have read. It was so interesting to read how he got started with his first job at the BBC and ended up being the great presenter he was.

He's certainly packed a lot into his life that's for sure, lovely fellow as well. :)