What was the last album you bought?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Thomas' new album.... absolutely amazing, although I can't remember the name of it right now! Very Matchbox Twentyish without sounding too like them... I'm very proud of finding this - I had no idea he was even releasing a solo album til I came across a mention of it somewhere on the web a few days ago.

Also a friend gave me a copy of Balls to Picasso by Bruce Dickenson. Not the kind of music I would ever think to go and buy or even voluntarily listen to, to be honest, but I'm actually quite liking it! It's something to be played nice and loud which suits my mood right now! :D

The Dear - No Cities Left.

Caught them on the end of Jonathan Ross and thought top fabby deeply moany, dark lyric lush loveliness. Anyone travelling by car with me will now leave seriously depressed as it joins the in car selection of Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen, The Libertines, Babyshambles etc

By the time I get to work the idea of having to work the day doesn't seem that bad

• 2 weeks later...

The new Robert Plant and Bruce Springsteen CDs.

And (having seen someone recommend it on BGO's Best 5 Albums thread: Gram Parsons' Grievous Angel. And a Best of Jimmy Cliff.

Only listened to Plant so far - excellent.

• 1 month later...

Harriet - that HMV sale is top-notch! The entire back-catalogue of Free at £4.99 each. Barclay James Harvest, Caravan, CSNY, John Holt (the first person, I believe, to record The Tide Is High, when he was singer with the Paragons)...

Harriet - that HMV sale is top-notch! The entire back-catalogue of Free at £4.99 each. Barclay James Harvest, Caravan, CSNY, John Holt (the first person, I believe, to record The Tide Is High, when he was singer with the Paragons)...

Excellent! I didn't know.....

John Holt wrote "The Tide is High" I believe.

It's AMAZING I just went again with £12 and came out with *3* albums!!! I got The La's (£2.99), Velvet Underground (£3.99) and The Doors....but I can't remember which one...(£4.99) :D

That could turn out to be the best £11.97 you ever spend (apart from the £4.99 you wasted on The Doors (instinctively covers head with hands and runs for cover)).