What was the last album you bought?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm DEFINATELY buying the Queens of the Stone Age one when I get money......after I've bought Futureheads....I want to get the album before I think about getting tickets for Astoria...

Do it, Harriet, Futureheads are far more than novelty cover versions even if they are, basically, the Sunderland XTC (ask your uncle ;) ). Theirs was the best album of last year that wasn't made by Franz Ferdinand or The Zutons.

Never been completely convinced by QOTSA myself, but they score many points for getting more exposure for the brilliant Mark Lanegan.

As for myself, this week I am mostly listening to newies by Thievery Corporation, M83 and The Kills and oldies by Tindersticks, Ian McNabb and Buffalo Tom.

Recently acquired 'Folk Is Not A Four Letter Word' - v nice comp of acid-tinged folk from the early Seventies. Also enjoying parts of the recent Brian Jonestown Massacre anthology: American band who sound half-like Spacemen 3, half-like the Rolling Stones, who bafflingly never made it big.

I like Olivia Tremor Control too. Amazed that there are people here who have heard of them. In a similar vein, Apples In Stereo did some good tunes.

I went on a little shopping spree this afternoon and bought (yes, actually went into a shop and bought!!!) two albums. They are The Album (various artists) and International Superhits by the amazing Green Day! I have a few of their albums already, but have never actually bought one! I'm assured that this is a good one though, and from the few songs I've heard off it so far I have to agree! :D

Bought a handful Wednesday (to assuage my grief at the news my camera was STILL not repaired !) - two by Kevin Ayers (Bananamour & Joy Of A Toy), and the re-release of Babbacombe Lee by Fairport Convention. A grand total of £10.75 (all new).

Anyone going to the Norwich record fair next Saturday ?

QOTSA - Lullabies To Paralize; makes me want to steal a Harley from a Hell's Angel, sling my guitar across my back and drive at a rather daring speed through a desert. It's that good....

Whereas;

Engineers by Engineers makes me want to cycle to a forest with a fey indie boy and lie on the ground watching the clouds. It's also that good....

QOTSA - Lullabies To Paralize; makes me want to steal a Harley from a Hell's Angel, sling my guitar across my back and drive at a rather daring speed through a desert. It's that good....

I need that album :( 'Little Sister's been in my head all day since I heard it on the radio when I woke up. I read a review in NME and there was a quote which made me laugh....

‘Lullabies To Paralyze’ will use its enigmatic mysticism to lull you into a blissful daze so you don’t at first notice that the riffs have broken your neck.

Hee hee.

• 2 weeks later...

Harriet, Lullabies To Paralyze is £8.99 with play.com - one of my affiliates which can be found 24 times in this forum. For £9.99 you can buy the album with a free bonus DVD.

In fact, I'll buy it for you of you finish that poster by the end of the weekend. And get all your homework for the holidays finished.

Ambulance LTD by Ambulance LTD, best described as Lola-era Kinks meets My Bloody Valentine.

Its been lurking in the back of my mind to check this out since LLJ put this description of it up at the end of Feb. Finally got around to buying it last week and it is on heavy rotation chez Grammath. Could be the best new American band I've heard so far this year. Thanks for the tip.

Its been lurking in the back of my mind to check this out since LLJ put this description of it up at the end of Feb. Finally got around to buying it last week and it is on heavy rotation chez Grammath. Could be the best new American band I've heard so far this year. Thanks for the tip.

Glad you like them Gram, was listening to it on the tube to work yesterday, really is very good.

Oh, i haven't bought an album since QOTSA, nothings really caught my eye.