Sign in to follow this  
Harriet

What was the last album you bought?

You've indicated in the past he isn't much of a reader, Hazel, so possibly not as much as you might think ;) .

Oh I don't know, if the right man came along...

I bought myself Last by Redshift this week and am listening to it at the moment. All sequences and analogue VCO based synths, with some Mellotron sounds and occasional electric guitar on top. Like dozens of other albums I own by a variety of acts from Jean Michel Jarre to Tangerine Dream.

I haven't got "Black Sheep Boy", but I probably will at some point. Amazon suggests it is to be re-issued in a "definitive version" shortly, so I might pick that up.

I have, in fact, now got this record, after a visit at the weekend to Rough Trade's new store in the hyper trendy Truman's Brewery building between Spitalfields and Brick Lane.

Also got other obscure American indie records by The National, Gutter Twins, Les Savy Fav, A Silver Mount Zion, Black Ox Orkestar and Death Cab for Cutie.

Rough Trade is as bad for my wallet as the average bookshop.

Ooh, good choice!

It's in the post and I'm looking forward to getting it. As a matter of interest what tracks on their albums do you like? It's only after hearing the popular Killing Moon on 6 Music the other night that rekindled my interest in this group.

<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->

It's in the post and I'm looking forward to getting it. As a matter of interest what tracks on their albums do you like? It's only after hearing the popular Killing Moon on 6 Music the other night that rekindled my interest in this group.
Ooh, my fave three are Killing Moon (of course), People Are Strange, and Bring On The Dancing Horses. Enjoy!

Actually Echo, and Jesus and the Mary Chain's Darklands album were my lifeblood in a previous life. I wouldn't dare recommend Darklands, as it's a bit angsty, but...

Gabriella Cilmi's Lesson's to be Learned - she's a very talented 17 year old, and incredibly brave to move to the UK from Australia to become a musician. A bit "Girls Aloud" in places, but this is forgivable in the context of the rest of the album!

Queen, Platinum I,II,III for the boys to sing along with in the car. I may be finally able to get rid of the Nursery Rhymes CD.

I haven't actually brought an album for a while. I think the last one I brought was Turisas-battle Metal. An album filled with folk instruments and riffs mixed with metal music and finnish, swedish and english lyrics.

I must say all the albums I get hold of now i have a tendancy to "borrow" them from my mate haha!

"Third" by Portishead and "The Hungry Saw" by Tindersticks are on order through the BGO Amazon link.

The Wire - The Wire '...and all the pieces matter.' Five Years of Music from The Wire

Which does that Sopranos thing they did on Peppers and Eggs, where they include snippets of dialogue between the songs. It's the only other soundtrack album that could get away with that.

and

The Wire - Beyond Hamsterdam

Last one I picked up was Lynyrd Skynyrd - a spur of the moment buy because I love Sweet Home Alabama so much. It's their greatest hits and despite not having heard of many of them I have to say the whole album is excellent.

The last one I bought was The String Quartet tribute to Jeff Buckley, which I bought in France because I love Jeff Buckley I'd never seen it anywhere else before, so I hads to buy it! Anyone else a fan of him? :D