Sign in to follow this  
David

Have a Rant!

A good long walk used to help. but I can't manage that just at the moment.

For things that I have absolutely no control or influence over, like Trump, or Brexit, or most of the downhill spiral the world seems to be taking, I sigh, pray and leave to God to sort out in His own good time. I believe he has a plan extending far beyond my horizons of time or understanding.

I try to take a similar approach to problems nearer my own life or family although, having been a bit of a control freak all my life, it is more difficult to let them go.  If I am wasting energy worrying about such stuff I tell myself  "these things shall pass"  - and life experience reinforces that observation.

Hanging on to worries that you can't do anything about is very debilitating, so I hope you find a means to shelve the problems to a later date - and repeat as necessary!

Hi Luna, Donald Trump is probably the least of my problems, just can't understand why a man who is obviously not sane is the President but that's something the US population will have to deal with.

If I could make my husband well it would certainly clear up most of my daily problems but that's not going to happen so I just have to deal with it as best I can.  Just have to keep on keeping on.

Meg, you're right about hanging on to worries you can't do anything about is debilitating and it's exhausting - that's probably my problem in a nutshell.  I like Luna's suggestion about throwing it in the f....it basket and forgetting about it.   Will have to have a try at that.  :hmm: 

21 minutes ago, momac said:

Hi Luna, Donald Trump is probably the least of my problems, just can't understand why a man who is obviously not sane is the President but that's something the US population will have to deal with.

If I could make my husband well it would certainly clear up most of my daily problems but that's not going to happen so I just have to deal with it as best I can.  Just have to keep on keeping on.

I was just taking a guess and hoping that it wasn't anything more serious or closer to home.  Know how you feel about someone else's health problems, I'm in the same boat.  Still, I can count on a victory insofar as I  managed to get my father a full night's sleep and on a regular basis, so I hang on to that victory and hope that the rest of what I say might hit home one day.

14 minutes ago, momac said:

Meg, you're right about hanging on to worries you can't do anything about is debilitating and it's exhausting - that's probably my problem in a nutshell.  I like Luna's suggestion about throwing it in the f....it basket and forgetting about it.   Will have to have a try at that.  :hmm: 

You know, even if you physically wrote it down then tore it up and actually put it in the bin it might help.  Also, I have heard that if you sit quietly and think of your problems one by one and then imagine putting them in a bubble and watching them float away, helps.  

I painted my nails last night in my favourite nail polish which always cheers me up.  It's not often that they are all the same length and can be painted.  I also bought myself a book yesterday and one today and that always cheers me up.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

18 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I resort to my book and try very hard not to sulk.  Or I just have a go at my dad (who is usually the cause anyway)

I hope life picks up for you, Momac

For me, books don't help if something is particularly playing on my mind as in that situation I find it hard to concentrate.

Sometimes music (though I've learned that one particular singer actual makes me feel worse), mostly procrastinating online when I feel very low.

Hope it gets better, momac

Thanks iff, the forum is good for me in that I feel I'm having a talk with friends.  Also Luna's idea of thinking about a problem, imagining putting it in a bubble and letting it float away is a possibility and hopefully the bubbles floating far away.:hmm: