(You're a mod, Deino, you can have one! Mine took about 30 seconds to create (as you can probably tell!))

Silence Is Golden - The Four Seasons (who, incidentally, did the original of the song that Flingo credited to Boyzone!)

(You're a mod, Deino, you can have one! Mine took about 30 seconds to create (as you can probably tell!))

I have to put on my Reactolites when I see one of your posts these days... (Totally agree with your horror re the Boyzone credit, though!)

Touch Too Much - AC/DC

I'd like to third (as opposed to second) the Boyzone comment.

Too Much Too Young - Specials

(This place has real issues with covers, doesn't it?! I'm getting scared to post if I know it's covered but don't know the original :confused: )

(Happy Birthday, Harriet! - Handy hint - it might be worth when you next log in to make sure that "remember me" box isn't selected!!!! :confused: )

So Young - The Corrs

(This place has real issues with covers, doesn't it?! I'm getting scared to post if I know it's covered but don't know the original :confused: )

Fair enough, but if it's by Boyzone, just take it as read that it's a vapid copy of an original song.

For instance:

Father and Son - Cat Stevens

Words - Bee Gees

Love Me For A Reason - The Osmonds

When The Going Gets Tough - Billy Ocean

If it's Westlife, assume it's an even more vapid copy of a song that wasn't even that good in its original version:

Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks

Against All Odds - Phil Collins (which I actually like as a song)

Uptown Girl - Billy Joel

Miss You Nights - Cliff Richard

Mandy - Barry Manilow

This place has real issues with covers, doesn't it?! I'm getting scared to post if I know it's covered but don't know the original

Google? (As Bill suggests, it's not so much 'covers' per se as 'covers by the likes of Boyzone' etc.)

Speak to Me Someone - Gene

Hope There's Someone - Anthony and the Johnsons

thanks for the birthday wishes :) Oh god. I'm old.

Is that one of the CDs you've got? I was looking for it the other day, and assumed you must have it. What about my Nick Cave Best Of??

Is that one of the CDs you've got? I was looking for it the other day, and assumed you must have it. What about my Nick Cave Best Of??

I've got Anthony and the Johnsons, but not Nick Cave.