The weekend!

My Friend Jack

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow we help Elder Son & DiL to move their smaller goods and chattels to their new house (only a few streets from their current one). Mostly Mr meg and ES will be doing that, as DiL & I will be looking after the children. They have been with their Nan for a couple of days while DiL packs boxes, but will be involved in the moving of their own belongings. I am also required to tour the new garden to spot any particularly toxic plants growing there.

We may be needed again on Sunday, but the plan at the moment is not - until teatime, that is, when the two little boys are coming to stay overnight and then up to teatime on Monday while the removal firm shift all the furniture & big stuff.

They then get to spend their first night in their new home.

This is assuming that I will be well enough (no vertigo last night or today :dance: )

• 1 year later...
This weekend I will be attending my first Halloween costume party! Very excited :)
Yea! Hope you have a great time.

We are taking the boys to an organised Halloween thing on Saturday night, which includes a candle-lit walk through the forest at night. Then on Sunday night we'll go trick or treating with the neighbourhood kids. I love Halloween.

ETA -Oh, and youngest is off to the school Halloween party tonight!

I'm going to London for a long weekend that will include a trip to Wembley to see the San Francisco 49ers take on the Denver Broncos in an NFL league match. We went last year and it was a great event. I'm not a huge fan but MOH is, I just go along for the fun.

I'm going to London for a long weekend that will include a trip to Wembley to see the San Francisco 49ers take on the Denver Broncos in an NFL league match. We went last year and it was a great event. I'm not a huge fan but MOH is, I just go along for the fun.
Have a great time, my hubby will be soooo jealous when I tell him. He loves American Football, a Packers fanboy though, and he'd love to be going to see the 49ers.

The concert was a sellout, and the audience were very enthusiastic. Not sure if the cheering at the end of 'Love Changes Everything' was for the quality of our high notes, or because they thought they would finally be allowed to get to the Cava and Canapés - they didn't know, then, that we had prepared an encore :naughty:

Elder Son videoed one of our songs and has put it on YouTube. Sadly, we are not as good as I had hoped.

Today will be spent recovering - after all the refreshments had been consumed we had to clear up and put the parish church back into a fit state for the morning services. It's a good job we had the extra hour in bed to look forward to.

I hope to do a bit of pottering around in the garden today, if the rain holds off, and will watch 'Strictly' on iPlayer.

Must see Widdie 'do' the Paso :D

I was in the centre of Bristol on Saturday and there were hundreds of zombies making their way through Broadmead shopping centre mid afternoon - I know it's Halloween and people dress up, but the place was overrun!

I also discovered that in order to make it from the Coronation Tap in Clifton to the bus station in 25 minutes it is necessary to run from Habitat on the triangle. If I'd have continued walking I'd have missed the last bus, as it was I boarded with about 60 seconds to spare.

Hope you had a fun Halloween too, Hazel

We did - the boys both went as zombies and I went as the other mother from Coraline. One of our neighbours was scaring the children properly but jumping out at them and shouting "Boo" as they approached the door.

I went as the other mother from Coraline.

Oh, this reminds me of my best ever Halloween stunt. A couple of years ago, Halloween was on the Friday. I had first year in the afternoon, and we were doing Coraline. I dressed up in a ghoulish costume and hid inside my door, which my colleagues then covered up with black paper and "Do Not Enter" tape, then they stood outside while the kids arrived talking about how no-one knew where I had gone.

The brave kids burst through the paper and found me. I told them I was the Other Teacher, ha ha, then I took the costume off and we had a nice lesson, eating sweeties and making up stories about what happened the day the Other Teacher took them.

But the best bit was on the Monday. I met them at the door saying, "how did you get on when I was away on Friday?" "No, you were here," they said, but I insisted I had been at a meeting in town and kept asking who had taken them. That really put the wind up them! "She gave you sweeties?? And you just ATE them??" Hee hee.

• 2 weeks later...

i was originally plaqnning to stay home and finish two books tomorrow but upon reading the art & culture page of the irish times, (i.e. reading replace with noticed a picture of a guy i recognise because of music) and discovered that the guy i recognise is doing a gig in dublin tomorrow night so i'm going to go to that

gonzales, he's a pianist/entertainist.