Sign in to follow this  
Cathy

Christmas Shopping...

...so, how's it going?! Not long now...have you got it done? Everything wrapped and labelled and under the tree? Are you a Christmas Eve Panicker?

I'm not doing too badly myself, but am slowly feeling panicked (I always get panicked ahead of the time other people get panicked, btw), in that I have been staring at slippers in a state of paralysis, unable to choose, my mum asked for 'dressy' slippers - what on earth does that mean?

Also, I've stupidly ordered something from amazon for someone in America so am waiting for it to arrive before I can send it so its probably going to be late :quiver:

Booking train tickets home today! (additional worry, how to fit clothes etc., presents and a tonne of mince pies in the case I've yet to buy to take home with me :dunno: )

I'm a man, Cathy. You expect me even to have thought about this? :lmao:

I'm not quite as bad as my gender stereotype - it's not left until Christmas Eve. I have actually bought one present, but only because I was visiting a craft centre with some friends and saw a perfect present. If it's put in front of me sufficient Christmas neurons will fire to stimulate a purchase, but until urgency induces a huge adrenal response my body simply refuses to do anything about it. (No 'sticking head in sand' smiley, I notice...)

I'll get it all done at the weekend (no really, it WILL be this weekend, as I've told myself I'll do it at the weekend for the past fortnight) :o .

As mentioned on the Xmas morning thread, the list of folks I buy gifts for is very short, mercifully, although I have a friend whose birthday is on 23rd and her elder son's is on Christmas Day, so they both get two.

Thankfully Robbie Williams saved me having to think about what to get my parents. Just got to get something for my grandmothers which isn't slippers or something equally naf. Anyone got any ideas for cool grandparent presents?

Thankfully Robbie Williams saved me having to think about what to get my parents.

You're buying Robbie Williams for your parents? Wow! Make sure you keep the receipt in case they like Gary Barlow...

No he came shopping with me and picked out a few gifts. If only but I can dream. I might as well as brought him the price the tickets cost me.

Anyone got any ideas for cool grandparent presents?

I always find a large bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream is well recieved and easy to get on Dec 24th for someone as disorganised as me :D

Anyone got any ideas for cool grandparent presents?

I bought my grandmother an RSPB membership for her birthday and have bought her the first series of CSI on DVD for Christmas, so I'm not sure I am the best judge for presents for grandparents.

Other than Nan's, the only christmas present I have bought so far is for my brother and his girlfriend. I was going to buy them books, but when I tried to check if they had the one I wanted to buy I got a really ungrateful reply - so now they have a goat.

I'm thinking of using the "goat" logic for other presents too - I want to give presents that make a difference rather than line the pockets of the companies. (You can also buy a bog) if you know someone with a sense of humour!

Thankfully Robbie Williams saved me having to think about what to get my parents. Just got to get something for my grandmothers which isn't slippers or something equally naf. Anyone got any ideas for cool grandparent presents?

General ideas for cool grandmothers that I know would include alcohol, books (probably something new that you like as well), cds (see books) and dvds (see books). Absolutely no chocolate, Michael Palin, David Attenborough, world music or nostalgia!

now they have a goat.

I'm thinking of using the "goat" logic for other presents too - I want to give presents that make a difference rather than line the pockets of the companies. (You can also buy a bog) if you know someone with a sense of humour!

I think those gifts are great and would not be at all upset if I recieved one. My neice and Nephew are getting soemthing from here.

That'll teach them to not say thankyou for what I spent time choosing and posting last year :D

My grandparents always, always, always get a plant from us, so they're probably quite bored and maybe writing us out of their wills etc... the other grandad always always gets whisky which I imagine is slightly less boring.

Someone got my parents a plant last year, which was timed to flower at Christmas - I liked it. No plants for me though, I kill them all!!!

What about Trivial Pursuit, or there is an IQ test game out this Christmas too? Older people seem good at that sort of thing, and playing is the perfect way to make sure you've all fallen out by Boxing day!

I've ordered a few things off the internet but, I'm still trying to think what some these people might want. It's always the same every year. It would be so pleasant, if, one Christmas I knew what to get people.

Does anyone else ever experience this, and then after Christmas, some time in January, usually, you think of all the things you couldn't think of before.

happysnow.gif

Of course. Then you buy it there and then to put it away 'somewhere safe' for next year. And then forget where you put it. Again. :scratchhe

Luckily us teenagers don't need to worry too much about buying presents. I personally think present giving is pretty stupid and when I'm older I don't plan to give out many. I need something for my dad though. Oh and I know what I'm getting for Christmas this year, I can't wait! It's always better to know what you get cause then you know you will like it.

:sorry:

The first Christmas Card catalogue of the year landed on my doormat this morning.

Oh no!

I thought for a minute you were actually posting about having started Christmas shopping!

I have just realised this is the third time I've mentioned *that* word on BGO. In August. :speechles:hmm:

Once, about four years ago, I agreed to look at places we could have the works Christmas do. Since thenl, the brochures arrive every year about April/May time telling me what wonderful offers they have for the coming festive season. Too soon even for me...