Claire

chrisqqgx4 - I shall read all your posts in a totally different light, now that they all have Dr Evil on them! (Excellent film, it's one of my favourites)

And Flingo - your bird did make me smile - is it a pelican? I half thought it ought to be a Flamingo, because it matches your name better, but it's not pink enough.

Who will be next? Post here if you're the first to spot a new one, or if you want to show off your new finery.

And can anyone settle a long-standing argument? Is it a-va-tar or a-vah-tar?

It's going to take me weeks to actually choose one, no matter how your pronounce it.

Hey Claire, you need those Milton Jones tickets fast - you clearly have far too much time on your hands!

Surely the only question here remains - "is Megustaleer ever going to get an avatar?'

Perhaps I should start a fund - donate £10 each to fund a trip to London and some Milton Jones tickets for poor, sad, bored Claire.

Do you think I'd get much interest??

My six year old thinks your avatar is very, very cool, by the way!

I happily subscribed today, anything that can help keep BGO going is a very good cause :D

I'm a fan of Starry's avatar, which I believe is either Pudcat or Fudgie...

And can anyone settle a long-standing argument? Is it a-va-tar or a-vah-tar?

I say a-vah-tar.

Ava (like "have a") tar. - should be avatea really!!

Thank you, Claire, for admiring my bird. He is supposed to be a flamingo - I will make him more pink later if I can!!!

I do like this Avatar business - although it is taking me longer to read posts as I am looking at all the new pretty pictures (I have had a lot of reactions to this thread - Ahhh! being the main one!).

Yours is very cute and I love Elfstar's rose

Thank you. It was growing in my garden this summer!

The avatars are great, I'm waiting to see if David's features elbow patches......

I'm certainly enjoying seeing the new avatars (Flingo explained the pronunciation perfectly - milk and one sugar, please): yet more levels to the game of 'build your psychological profile of fellow BGOers'. Coming back from a long weekend away I was amazed at the sudden flowering of BGO, like the desert bursting into verdant glory after the rains! (Well, something like that, anyway...)

I also liked Flingo's flamingo. Is that the origin of the name, then? I'd always had it half in my mind that you were the fifth Banana Split - it sort of fitted their style - but on reflection that's probably unlikely isn't it... ;)

I don't think elbow patches will be featuring on mine, Elfstar. They're so last month, dah-ling. Dunno what I'll choose yet.

Edit: Though I've a sneaking suspicion it might be Daffy Duck. Long shot, perhaps, but there's a definite possibility...

chrisqqgx4 - I shall read all your posts in a totally different light, now that they all have Dr Evil on them! (Excellent film, it's one of my favourites)

I knew the picture manipulation program I used made it too small. That's the original evil screen baddie, not some copycat :rolleyes:

And I've always said a-va-tar.

Ava (like "have a") tar. - should be avatea really!!

Thank you, Claire, for admiring my bird. He is supposed to be a flamingo - I will make him more pink later if I can!!!

I do like this Avatar business - although it is taking me longer to read posts as I am looking at all the new pretty pictures (I have had a lot of reactions to this thread - Ahhh! being the main one!).

Funny, I assumed it was a dodo, like you do! But you know why! ;)

I'm getting bored with mine, I must get another one soon.

It's great that there's no restrictions, on other forums I've been on you can only have avatars related to the subject of the forum.

My six year old thinks your avatar is very, very cool, by the way!

Thanks C - I seem to have the measure six-year-olds..! (He's a 'Deinonychus', in case anyone hadn't twanged that one.)

Av-a-tar, obviously. I cannot believe anyone says 'av-ah-tar' - makes it sound like some kind of hors d'oeuvre!

The whole 'av-a-tar' business reminds me of Hermione when she was chastising poor old Ron for getting the pronunciation of 'wingardium leviosa' completely wrong.

:nono:

I'm interested as to whether Thumbsucker's avatar is a representation of her real-life appearance. I've come across sites where you can actually construct a face that can be turned into an avatar. Is that the case here, Thumbsucker?

I have one of me Southpark style constructed by my ever-loving husband and as soon as I'm finished with this murder mystery thing I'm going to try to work out how to turn it into an AV-a-tar (hee hee).

Hmm....'ever-loving husband'......anyone remember Thundercats and Mumraa the Ever-Liviiiiiiiiiiing? :hmm:

Thunder Thunder ThunderCATS! That one? Also known as Underpants? :lmao: <---10-year old me.

Thundercats are on the loose!

See here!

Could rapidly turn into a nostalgia thread again if we aren't careful......!

Not one I feel the need to trawl the archives to populate, but an important thread for questions such as:

Opal, who's that chap on your avatar?

Edit: D'oh! Wrong part of the forum! And I didn't check if there's one in ABB. Moderator, help please... :o