Corrupted Wish Game

Abbynormal92243

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Your house becomes so super-efficient at tidying that it keeps putting your latest read back in the bookcase, and throwing away the bus tickets you use as bookmarks, so you keep losing your place. And it keeps putting the cat out, too!

I wish I didn't have to cook my own meals.

A celebrity chef asks you to become official taster for all his experimental recipes and a parade of waiters arrive with your ever more exotic and strange meals, and then you have to retaste each revised recipe until the chef gets it right and starts on new one. It takes so long that you never get any exercise or read another book until you can bear it no longer and leave the country to hide on an island where you live on fish and coconuts and read the local phonebook.

I wish the cat could not open my bedroom door.

I wish the cat could not open my bedroom door.

The cat has now had it's thumbs removed and cannot open your bedroom door.  Unfortunately this means that the cat will sit just behind your bedroom door and howl all night thus driving you nuts.

I wish that it doesn't rain tomorrow.

I wish that it doesn't rain tomorrow.

The only way to achieve this without disrupting the rest of the neighbourhood is to teleport you to the Atacama Desert, where you find yourself in the company of the telephone directory of Tierra del Fuego, discarded by the last person who wished something quite so impossible.

I wish that my next door neighbour wouldn't keep coming over and saying "I can see that you're busy, but let me just tell you about ..."

I wish that my next door neighbour wouldn't keep coming over and saying "I can see that you're busy, but let me just tell you about ..."

Your neighbour comes round and begins, "I can see you're busy, but let me just tell you about..." but your icy glare finally gets the message across.  He leaves without telling you about the black mamba he saw slithering through your open window.  You are never bothered by anyone ever again.

I wish the screeching baby seagull outside my office window would go away and let me work in peace!

I wish the screeching baby seagull outside my office window would go away and let me work in peace!

A buzzard and a golden eagle have both decided the baby seagull will be lunch and swoop down, but baby seagull falls off in fright and flys away. The buzzard and eagle collide, breaking through your window, wrecking computer and fight it out with you in middle. You do no work for a week while  waiting for pecks and scratches to heal, feathers to be removed, window to be mended and  and getting computer replaced.

I wish the cockatoos would not break off  all the new buds on my trees.

• 1 month later...

The cockatoos do not break all the buds from your trees which then flower in such profusion that they attract the attention of a swarm of hybridized African Killer Bees which terrorize your neighborhood for months.

I wish that I could talk to Jesus and find out the truth.

You are an intellectual and proceed to overanalyze everything you hear until you have alienated everyone around you, including the person who cooks your food, who runs away screaming when you explain the history of salt and the way it was used to control the masses.

I wish I could go fishing for a week in Alaska.

• 10 months later...

I've been reading the last few pages of this game and it's hilarious, if I may join in..

I wish that I could talk to Jesus and find out the truth.

You find out the truth and because you now know the truth you spend the rest of your days heavily medicated in a small padded room.

I wish I could go fishing for a week in Alaska.

Wish granted, you find the most amazing fishing spots and have a splendid time, however on the last night of your trip your freezer box isn't secured as tightly as it should attracting a grizzly that lays to waste your entire campsite.

I wish I could be a famous mathematician

Edited by Loveabull

So glad it's resurrected, thanks Loveabull, I think we went a while and then ran out of inspiration so good to have new players.

You are a famous mathematician but became obsessed by refining 'Painting By Numbers' so each individual shade has its own number, but you keep finding new shades and are rushing from country to country as the different light around the world  gives zillions of different shades to each colour and you can't keep up.  You are going colour blind and squint all the time.

I wish I could leave the bus queue by sprouting wings and flying home.

You sprout wings and fly home, but when you arrive you find a strange person hovering over your doorstep with a message that says you are now the official tooth fairy for the whole of Canberra and you must remain in that job until someone else wishes they could leave the bus queue by sprouting wings.

I wish my signal strength was better than 'poor'.

Your nose becomes unblocked but unfortunately you are now super sensitive to every smell and have to live in an air conditioned room with special filters to prevent you going mad from competing smells in real life.

There has been an SF short story right about this topic in the 1950s. The lab that had first designed the efficient cure for common cold then had to develop a neutraliser for its own drug to overcome the resulting hypersensitation. In the end, the boss entered the lab and complained that they urgently needed to develop a neutraliser for the neutraliser because his constantly dripping nose was just too annoying ... 

Romanike , bit like having medication to offset the effects of other medication - not so fictional.  I believe there actually are people who are super sensitive to smell and when I wrote that as a joke I forgot. How hard to live in any city with this condition.

Luna, you no longer have an addiction to paper craft, but have changed your hobby to wood shaving sculpture and have turned all the household furniture into giant shaving Easter bunnies and reindeers to go with your Santa and Snowman. Sadly your family have run away to a home with chairs, tables and beds.

I wish my garden was self-weeding.

Your garden is now self-weeding but a gremlin has entered the picture and now can't differentiate between weeds and flowers so that your garden is bare.

I wish I could lose 25 lbs without having to give up all the foods I like. :nono: