Sign in to follow this  
shubhammandhre

Genuinely scary horror book?

Hey guys, so I've been thinking a lot lately about the effect horror has on us and the experiences we all go through. Now, I understand everyone reacts to horror differently, and that there are variables like setting the mood, night time, etc. As of now the only horror I've read is the Complete Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft, IT, Pet Sematary and currently halfway through Dracula. The only one I could say that gave me a creepy vibe thinking about it days after I finished it was Pet Sematary, very eerie atmosphere and scary in a "that would be crazy if it happened to me" kind of way and a couple of Lovecraft stories.

What book has scared the bejeesus out of you or disturbed you for days after? Where and how did you read it? Did you get in a mood? Set the atmosphere?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

real estate marketing agency   suraj palette  runwal dombivali  real estate marketing consultants 

Edited by shubhammandhre

Believe it or not it was Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde that scared me at the time I read it and for a couple of days after. I was living alone at the time in a bad area of town and it was winter so dark early on. I knew that I was doing it and couldn't stop. 

I don't read horror any more (I did read Lovecraft recently but did not feel that that was scary/horror), probably because I grew out of it although my brother said that my behaviour was changing as a result of reading Stephen King. 

Welcome to the board

Not sure it's possible to be scared by a book. Maybe creeped out or anxious.

Kafka is good at that.