Grammath

I just bought/borrowed/received...

A History of the Bible: The Book and Its Faiths, John Barton.   I haven't weighed this but it's coming in as a lot heavier than Emma Goldman's biography

Anarcho-syndicalism: Theory and Practice (Working Classics): Theory and Practise, Rudolph Rocker and The Bear and The Nightingale: (Winternight Trilogy) Katherine Arden

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Carson McCullers, Clock Without Hands. To replace the one I'm reading because it fell apart.

A paperback actually disintegrated?

8 hours ago, Clavain said:

A paperback actually disintegrated?

It has, yes.  I bought it second hand from World of Books and it's so old (1961) that the glue has perished and every time I turn a page it falls out.  This is the second time in my life that this has happened. The first time was when I read a book that I'd had for a very long time - The Old Man and the Sea - bought it when I was a child and read it as an adult.

I have a 1968 pb edition of John Betjeman's Collected Poems, published by John Murray, that has fallen apart in just that fashion. It has been in that state for about ten years, so your Carson McCullers has done well in comparison.

Fortunately, as this is not a novel and page order is not vital to following a plot, I just keep John Betjeman together with an elastic band

40 minutes ago, megustaleer said:

I have a 1968 pb edition of John Betjeman's Collected Poems, published by John Murray, that has fallen apart in just that fashion. It has been in that state for about ten years, so your Carson McCullers has done well in comparison.

Fortunately, as this is not a novel and page order is not vital to following a plot, I just keep John Betjeman together with an elastic band

Love it.  Fortunately Amazon delivered a new one today so not interrupting my reading

Recent additions

Juno Dawson - meat market

Frederik backman - a man called ove

Jan Carson - the fire starters

Sally Rooney - normal people

Brigit vanderbeke - you would have left me

Simon winder - lotharingia (non- fiction. I read his previous book on danubia which was really good)

Addiction is a terrible thing!

So from Penguin Pick and Mix deal - 

Mrs Dalloway, Virginia Woolf, Moby-Dick, Herman Melville,  The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Howards End, E M Forster, Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad

From Amazon

Shinrin-yoku: The Japanese Way of Forest Bathing for Health and Relaxation, Yoshifumi Miyazaki (for my father)

The Warlow Experiment, Alix Nathan

The Borgias : Power and Fortune, Paul Strathern

Poverty Safari, Darren McGarvie

Edited by lunababymoonchild
Added a forgotten book