& The Second Jungle Book

I won't put a synopsis here since the story is well known and the films are, more or less, true to the story.

I read this when I was at school, very probably primary school but it was so long ago that I can't actually remember. Therefore, when I came to read it again it was as if It was new.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  I have read books from my childhood that disappointed as an adult but this didn't, it was marvellous.

Highly recommended.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I loved these books growing up.  My father must have read me most of the stories a dozen times.  My kids were never very interested, which disappointed me.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Adrian
      It's not my favourite Kipling poem (who in turn is not my favourite war poet) but this encapsulates all that is good about him and his works. Those long lines (five iambs?) are simple to read and enjoy, but with Tommy he manages to use a torturous dialect to good use, something I've seen other poets try to do, and few succeed.

And I see this is the first Kipling poem posted here, which surprises me. I think he's frowned upon these days -- these are the only two comments on poemhunter about "If"

but quality will always win over any current whims.
    • By litarena
      Rudyard Kipling's Kim, innocent orphan child or devious Indian spy?

Let's say for the sake of argument that there are a number of ways of looking at this novel. Perhaps the most popular way is to look at it as Kipling's reflection of India, and in particular British India. Kipling was an imperialist and one with very firm beliefs. And although his attitudes and prejudices show themselves very clearly in his writings, Kim's story is still definitely not a work of British imperialist propaganda; on the contrary, it's a deliberately entertaining tale.

Moderator edit of promotional link