Sign in to follow this  

From the blurb "

In the exclusive gated community of Withered Vale, people's lives appear as perfect as their beautifully manicured lawns. Money, success, privilege - the residents have it all. Life is good.

There's just one problem.

Olive Collins' dead body has been rotting inside number four for the last three months. Her neighbours say they're shocked at the discovery but nobody thought to check on her when she vanished from sight.

The police start to ask questions and the seemingly flawless facade begins to crack. Because, when it comes to Olive's neighbours, it seems each of them has something to hide, something to lose and everything to gain from her death."

The cover also describes this as a thriller, it isn't - it's a twisty, character driven whodunnit set in Ireland, cleverly written with vibrant charecters and an unexpected ending. The relationship between the two police offices was utterly believeable as were the inhabitants of Withered Vale. No one was perfect, no-one was all bad (including Olive who was wonderfully self-deluded about her own personality) and I absolutely loved this.

I hadn't heard of Jo Spain and only bought this as a Kindle cheapie - a good find! I'll be reading more of her