Sign in to follow this  
lunababymoonchild

Do you like being read to?

I've always loved being read to and my mother indulged my far longer than she really wanted to.  I'd loved to be read to now, but nobody will.  It would seem by the following article that reading aloud is good for both reader and listener.  Why reading aloud is a vital bridge to literacy

What do the members think?

I love being read to. I think it's why I like audiobooks so much.

I don't remember my parents reading to me although I'm sure they did but as an adult my ex husband used to read to me as I drove us long distances and I found it very peaceful. 

I discovered I could read when my mother had to answer the telephone while reading me Black Beauty. It was at the bit where BB sees a train for the first time and I picked up the book and realised I could understand the words. Haven't stopped since, however my mother stopped reading to me though she always told stories on car journeys.

I read to my children until they were about 8 and stopped going to bed at a time when I could read without having to go off and do other things. We all love audio books.

I don't like reading poetry in general but I love it read aloud.

I'll need to investigate audio books.  I believe that they can be downloaded digitally and therefore not abridged and also easier to handle.

Yes, a lot of them are unabridged. I subscribe to Audible (I find I'm much more willing to do the housework of I've got a book to listen to) and they do lots of deals.

27 minutes ago, Viccie said:

Yes, a lot of them are unabridged. I subscribe to Audible (I find I'm much more willing to do the housework of I've got a book to listen to) and they do lots of deals.

Now there's an idea. I gave up listening to music while doing housework because I paid more attention to the music.