Sign in to follow this  
lunababymoonchild

Why it's a good idea to have a large TBR

Must admit I have always bought books faster than I read them. Amazon with it's one click buy as certainly made it worse. I still buy from Waterstones but my analogue pile pales beside my digital pile.

I just love the option of lots of books to choose from when I finish my current read.

Edited by Clavain

I must admit, I feel very secure when I think that I always have something to read no matter what happens and that there are now so many of them that I have a vast amount to choose from.  So, if we get snowed in and all the services get cut off I can still find solace in a book. And any kind of book I like.

You posted a link to that article in the "What is everybody Doing" thread  just over a year ago, luna, but it is certainly worth its own thread - especially as the original link is no longer available.

I will just copy my reply from there  into this post:

Thanks for that link, luna, makes me feel a little better about the number of unread books I still have on my bookshelves,

We had The Black Swan, by Naseem Talib (referred to in that article) as a BGO  Group Read some years ago. If anyone is interested in the comments posted by members who read it they can be found here

9 hours ago, megustaleer said:

You posted a link to that article in the "What is everybody Doing" thread  just over a year ago, luna, but it is certainly worth its own thread - especially as the original link is no longer available.

I will just copy my reply from there  into this post:

Told you I'd seen it before!

48 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Well said, luna, it's like having a comfort blanket!

That's exactly what it's like.