Sign in to follow this  
megustaleer

Christmas Greetings

Happy Christmas to all here.

Hope you all have a lovely time :)

Just had our Christmas dinner, now lolling around in the living room wondering why we ate so much - and there's still trifle in the fridge made by our neighbour, real English trifle, just like my mother used to make.  When she's making trifle for the family she makes a small one for us and we really enjoy it.  Hope all BGO'ers are enjoying the season, thinking of you Tag and hoping that you are managing o.k.

Thanks mm, I received a book from hubby, The Girl They Left Behind, written around WWII about a Romanian family,  recommended by a book club, will post name of author next time around, not an author I have read before but good reviews.

name of author is Roxanne Veletzos.  It is certainly holding my interest thus far.

Have finished The Girl They Left Behind, great story, it is about the author's mother who was left in Bucharest at the time of the Jewish pogroms, traces her life from orphanage to a dramatic ending in New York.  Enjoyed it immensely.

Edited by momac
Additional information

My eldest grandson, aged just 17, learning disabled and autistic (amongst other problems) gave me a lovely book on vegetable gardening, which he chose, bought and wrapped himself! I was both pleased with the book, and proud of him. :arms:

I just wish his grandfather took as much trouble! :banghead:

Good for you grandson, very nice Meg to have a book on veggie gardening, maybe some short cuts and really good ideas for next year's crop.  A great present.

8 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

My friend sent me a diabetic vegetarian recipe book.  I had no idea you could get such a thing.  She's always been a clever person.  

Now you'll have a good guide as to what is good for you and what is also tasty.  Great present.