Sign in to follow this  
Tay

quoting from another post

I've just tried to quote from a post made by Viccie. The post I wanted to quote was there in my response box but when I tried to type in my response it wouldn't let me click outside the quoted material and input my own thoughts. The only way I could type my post was as part of the quoted text. Sure it'll be something very simple that I'm not doing. This was in the thread about whether audio books counted as actually reading the book.

Sorry If I've not explained that very well. I have searched on "quoting" but the only threads that came up were from many years ago and didn't seem to apply.

6 hours ago, Tay said:

I've just tried to quote from a post made by Viccie. The post I wanted to quote was there in my response box but when I tried to type in my response it wouldn't let me click outside the quoted material and input my own thoughts. The only way I could type my post was as part of the quoted text. Sure it'll be something very simple that I'm not doing. This was in the thread about whether audio books counted as actually reading the book.

Sorry If I've not explained that very well. I have searched on "quoting" but the only threads that came up were from many years ago and didn't seem to apply.

Hi Tay.

You explained it OK.  Not sure what they problem is... because I can quote on this post and I can quote on Viccie's post.  Have you tried a different browser?

10 hours ago, Tay said:

I've just tried to quote from a post made by Viccie. The post I wanted to quote was there in my response box but when I tried to type in my response it wouldn't let me click outside the quoted material and input my own thoughts. The only way I could type my post was as part of the quoted text. 

That's happened to me several times - unfortunately I don't remember how i resolved the problem. I probably abandoned it, at least for the time being.

It is weird, and very irritating.

This is annoying.

One thing you could try is to go into the quote brackets and on the last line. Press enter key a few times and it sometimes goes to after the bracket.

On 4/1/2018 at 00:24, iff said:

This is annoying.

One thing you could try is to go into the quote brackets and on the last line. Press enter key a few times and it sometimes goes to after the bracket.

On 3/31/2018 at 19:07, tagesmann said:

Hi Tay.

You explained it OK.  Not sure what they problem is... because I can quote on this post and I can quote on Viccie's post.  Have you tried a different browser?

On 4/1/2018 at 00:24, iff said:
On 3/31/2018 at 22:18, megustaleer said:

That's happened to me several times - unfortunately I don't remember how i resolved the problem. I probably abandoned it, at least for the time being.

It is weird, and very irritating.

Thank you to all three for your responses. It has worked this time so can only assume a temporary (tho as per Meg's post not an unknown ) glitch.