Hi there,

We have recently launched a new business with a new way of reading stories!  It's called Letters Across Time, where you receive stories from characters through the mail in actual letters.  There are free samples on the website, if you want to give it a try.  We would love to hear what book lovers think of this idea!

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 3.44.19 PM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Khaled Talib

Dear all, the first review of GUN KISS is in.

Take a deep breath, because Gun Kiss's special brand of high-octane action is on its way to market, and it's a hell of a ride especially recommended for thriller readers who like their action not only nonstop, but tempered with a bit of romance and a lot of world-hopping political confrontations.
      The tension begins in the first paragraph as a Lincoln re-enactment event in Washington, D.C. results in a hostage and a bomber intent on thievery. Rick achieves his goals with almost casual precision: it's clear he's not only planned his escapade down to the second, but that he's a pro.
      As a missing Deringer from The Ford Theatre Museum involves a host of special interests, the story heats up to become a globe-trotting series of escapades and encounters by disparate individuals who each harbor their own special interests.
      A network involved in piracy and smuggling, a monied Chinese drug trafficker who works out a deal that lands him in Tijuana, Goldie's strange party for the paparazzi, and Blake's need for a holiday away from intrigue and complications all join with a range of subplots designed to keep Gun Kiss unpredictable, unexpected, and sometimes unsettling as events keep on creating new connections and surprises.
      As a stolen artifact evolves into crimes surrounding a maniacal drug lord, challenges to U.S. and Mexican government relations, and deadly escapades that involve faked deaths and real kidnappings, readers experience a supercharged plot that grabs interest tightly and does not let go.
      The mark of a superior thriller lies in its ability to seamlessly transcend borders, boundaries, and special interests to provide a series of interwoven subplots that all come together in a satisfying crescendo of intrigue designed to keep readers on edge right up to the end.
      Take a deep breath before reading Gun Kiss. Its special brand of activity and complex personal and criminal interactions makes it hard to put down, and highly recommended for thriller and crime readers alike.

D. Donavan
      Senior Reviewer
      Midwest Book Review

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Hiya,
      My new thriller, GUN KISS,  will be released on 1 December, 2017. This thriller with a hint of romance features a protagonist who falls in love with a Hollywood movie star. But their relationship is not smooth sailing as a killer is stalking them. I've enjoyed writing GUN KISS and I hope you'll enjoy reading it. The novel will officially be released on 1 December first and will be available through Amazon - please click on the site's link at the top of the screen. 

GUN KISS BOOK LAUNCH
      Please join me to celebrate the launch of my new thriller, Gun Kiss.
      Lots of #kindle book prizes to be won!
      Here's the Facebook link for more details. Kindly RSVP. Thank you, and I hope to see you there! GUN KISS BOOK LAUNCH

Best wishes,'
      KT
      p.s. Hope you like the cover.

• By Nedina
      Do you, guys, have a specific story, event or a person that made you love some special book or reading in general? 

• By Khaled Talib
      This is an article about my upcoming thriller, Gun Kiss, published in Divine Magazine. The novel will be released by Imajin Books in Canada. 

Divine Magazine

Best wishes,
      Khaled

• By BookishThings
      The Sweet Spot, by Anneli Lort, caught my eye recently, during the excitement of The Open Championship, and it's quick ascent into the top 10 of the sports fiction chart, but it is, undeniably, a romance novel. 

The Sweet Spot tells the tale of strong female lead, Olivia, who is recovering from an unhealthy relationship and an unforgiving heartache. She moves out of busy London to heal in the countryside, taking a career opportunity to ghostwrite a globally famous, golfing legend's autobiography, Sebastian.

The setting of Appleton Vale is so beautifully described that this book could truly heal anybody's heartache with its idyllic nature, and the struggles of being in a new place and overcoming a bad relationship are well-portrayed. The characters of this romance novel are wonderfully developed, their quirks, histories, motives and weaknesses outlined early on. Sexy Sebastian is witty and alluring, providing Olivia exactly the distraction she needs, until his feelings for her begin to overcome them both. 

Whether you're interested in golf or not, I feel that the tension and competitive narrative of the book, as it develops, is a great pace changer and makes a great page-turner. I could not put the book down! If you're looking for a peaceful feel-good setting with a romantic twist, and like authors such as Jilly Cooper and Joanna Trollope, you'll love this! And, if you can't get enough, I hear it's a series and book 2 is on the way!