sjbaldwin

New for 2016

59 posts in this topic

Fine by me, actually the book has such a long, in depth analysis plus introduction etc., that I am almost put off reading it, however, will persevere once all is set up. :)

I found it surprisingly short. No introduction & no analysis.

It was a large-print edition I had borrowed, and I guess they have to cut out anything other than the basic text from popular novels in order to keep the actual volume to a manageable size. Not a problem with ebooks - they can have as much additional material as the publisher likes.

Oh, I didn't know that Meg. It's fine by me, we can just tag it on to the existing thread.

Kinda hope we have a new thread, because if I ever actually read the whole discussion between Amanda and David on the existing thread I'm not sure I'd feel justified in adding anything ????I didn't read very much but they reaaaaallllly dissected that book!

Edited by Dan

Kinda hope we have a new thread, because if I ever actually read the whole discussion between Amanda and David on the existing thread I'm not sure I'd feel justified in adding anything I didn't read very much but they reaaaaallllly dissected that book!

I haven't read any of the original thread yet, deliberately. Not sure the mods would be happy with two threads though.

I too have made a point of not going back to any discussion on this novel.

Sorry if I've complicated things Meg.  Since I started off the idea of having another group read I feel kind of responsible.  I'm happy to wait until Tagesmann can get back to us on this one.  

We seem to be continuing with a separate forum for Group Reads.

Tagesmann has now set up a  Wuthering Heights sub-forum  in the Group Reads forum. It is now ready and waiting for your thoughts

For the benefit of those new to our Group-Reads, and a reminder to the rest, you can start several threads in the sub-forum so that  different aspects of the book can be discussed separately

Will be glad to use the sub forum once Wuthering Heights is under way for me.

Okay, I'll recommend a book. Montana-1948 by Larry Watson. An enjoyable book that led to one of the most fractious book group discussions we had. This book is available from Amazon Kindle-U.S. for $9.40 USD.

Am having a look at Montana, I think it will be o.k. for me, am jumping around a bit in my reading but Montana is it for this evening.

Am having a look at Montana, I think it will be o.k. for me, am jumping around a bit in my reading but Montana is it for this evening.

Just finished Montana 1948, what a great story. I can see how it would create a lively discussion. It might resonate more with an American audience rather than a UK one although the same type emotions would be stirred up, whether to protect family or to uphold the law. Glad I read it, well written.

I have a few ready to start but open to suggestions.

Trafficking by Bill ward.

Oranges are not the only fruit by Jeanette winter son

Sycamore row by John Grisham

In the land of invisible women by qanta Ahmed

The goldfinch by Donna tartt

All on my bedside table at the moment.

I just ordered Trafficking so I'll be reading with you.