Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whipsy48

TV Series

65 posts in this topic

I can't find these in a discussion so I made a new thread.I apologise if I. Missed it. Does anyone watch any of the following? Penny Dreadful or AHS?

I watch Penny Dreadful but don't know what AHS is.

Is Penny Dreadful worth watching? It seems like my kind of thing...

I quite enjoyed the first series of AHS, haven't yet had a chance to watch anything after that though. My TV time is currently busy with Parks and Rec (I'm a bit of a latecomer to this), Jessica Jones, The Man in the High Castle, Bojack Horseman, and I've yet to start Narcos and Bloodline.

Bloodline is really very good - great family drama. The first season of AHS is the best, it's a sliding scale of disappointment thereafter. Though I quite liked the second. Jessica Jones - bloody awesome. Parks and Rec - bloody awesome.

Luna - I watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful with my eldest the other night and it is absolutely fantastic, right up our street, so thanks for that. We had recently finished Dexter together and were looking for our next show - this has filled the gap.

Just now I am watching:

The Knick

Making a Murderer

Penny Dreadful

Elementary

Peaky Blinders

I've just started watching Grey's Anatomy and I love it. It's good to have found a new programme with lots of episodes to watch. I must look into some of the series mentioned here (Man in the High Castle is on my list already)

Grey's Anatomy is still one of my favorites after all these years.

Bloodline is really very good - great family drama. The first season of AHS is the best, it's a sliding scale of disappointment thereafter. Though I quite liked the second. Jessica Jones - bloody awesome. Parks and Rec - bloody awesome.

Luna - I watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful with my eldest the other night and it is absolutely fantastic, right up our street, so thanks for that. We had recently finished Dexter together and were looking for our next show - this has filled the gap.

Oh I'm so glad.  It stays at that level of quality throughout and wait for the surprises!

Finished the first season of Penny Dreadful and it's safe to say that me and eldest son are completely hooked. It's fantastic - the literary mash-up, the horror, the characters, the setting - all superb and right up our street. It has filled the Dexter shaped hole in my son's viewing. Thanks Luna.

I habe been watching Grey's Anatomy, and it has suddenly been taken off Amazon Prime! It now costs £2.89 per episode. I always think that Amazon puts up the price of items you're looking at, and now I wonder if they're up to the same tricks with Prime. Does anyone know? I'm still in the trial period, so I might just cancel.

Finished the first season of Penny Dreadful and it's safe to say that me and eldest son are completely hooked. It's fantastic - the literary mash-up, the horror, the characters, the setting - all superb and right up our street. It has filled the Dexter shaped hole in my son's viewing. Thanks Luna.

You, and your son are most welcome

My son just bought 2 Penny Dreadful T-shirts from Amazon - a sure sign of how much he likes it. He only wears Game of Thrones T-shirts just now - he has about 6!

For TV related clothing, Rick and Morty are doing the rounds in our house - I got a tee shirt and an Xmas jumper from society6, and my lad has a Mr Meeseeks tee :)

Edited by solace91z

Episode 3 last week was hilarious! I had to keep it to watch again. Are you on the same schedule there?

No, Kerry, it starts here tonight. Hubby has been mainlining old episodes for the last few weeks, still at it right now as he makes pancakes for tomorrow night, in the run up to the return. We never actually watched it when it was on the first time round - we came to it a few years later.