David

New Site Problems - Post them Here

On David's Welcome to BGO thread the link to Please introduce yourself thread doesn't work for me it comes up "Sorry we couldn't find that'

Don't know why that was happening, but I've replaced the link and it's working now,

As for the rest of your problem with links -  I've no idea. I'm on a Mac, so have no experience of Windows.

On David's Welcome to BGO thread the link to Please introduce yourself thread doesn't work for me it comes up "Sorry we couldn't find that'

This may just be for me as I can no longer link with one word or even copy and post a full link. For word links I get a large box asking for email and other info that I don't understand and it freezes my screen and I have to close down and restart. I used to get just a small screen  that only needed the copied address pasted in where it said URL.  For trying with full copy and paste straight in with full address it just refuses to accept at all.  Again is it because of Windows 8 .1?  Please can anyone help?

Grasshopper, I'm on Windows 8.1 so I can maybe help.

Can you describe the trouble you're having in a bit more detail? Are you trying to make a hyperlink in your text using the icon immediately to the right of the numbering icon above? If I click that, I just get a box asking me to enter a URL, and no other info, like you say you used to get, so I can't see what you are seeing. Or are you doing something else? It doesn't sound like something that should be happening: is it possibly some sort of virus?

Thank you MM, yes I have been trying to do the hyperlink exactly as you describe and that is how it always used to work for me fine. Then on Feb 9th just after I had changed to Internet Explorer 11 which was associated with Windows 8.1 updates a lot of things went wrong. The quote wouldn't work properly but RG helped me find a way around that. This link problem also happened.  Stewart posted that it was a compatability  problem with this system's Editor but he had done a fix and it should settle down. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me.  Instead of the small box just requiring a URL I have a large box with several inner boxes  asking for

Box Link type  URL

Link to anchor

Protocols    http                            URL

https

ftp

news

other

By Anchor name     By Element ID

email address

message subject

Message body

OK  Cancel

Imagine all these in small boxes with choice arrows.

I tried many times with just URL and also tried other possible combinations but the background goes shadowed and the box freezes.  It won't OK, cancel or even close with X in top rt corner.  Then I have to get right out of my Home page and reopen again to get to Google or the BGO tab.

I can't  open it elsewhere and copy and paste in direct to show you either so hope this weird explanation makes some sense. I think it is in BGO system and for everyone else it has been adjusted automatically but something in mine is not compatible.  Once long ago Mr HG and I had a different problem no on else experienced and David found a solution -  maybe 'cos we're upsidedown............

I shall just have to explain where things are to be found rather than linking but it is frustrating.

Edited by grasshopper

I have found I can do a direct cut and paste as long as I do not unlock the part at the top, so that 's good and will continue to do this when necessary. Have been able to do a post on Web Gems this way.

I emailed the other Admin about a few problems, maybe he checked it all.

Hazel, did you get any reply about why my friend in the States is having difficulty registering with BGO?

Would just like to report that the same problem has recurred. When I clicked on it I got the message "We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view"

Would just like to report that the same problem has recurred. When I clicked on it I got the message "We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view"

I got into it OK

I got the same message, but have now edited out the original link, and re-entered it. It now takes me to the thread. No idea why, but I have a vague memory of trying the same thing before, and it working.

I hope it's working for everyone now, not just for me.

I got the same message, but have now edited out the original link, and re-entered it. It now takes me to the thread. No idea why, but I have a vague memory of trying the same thing before, and it working.

I hope it's working for everyone now, not just for me.

Many thanks Meg. It is working today. I hope that all continues to be well in the meg household.

Can't get New Content to come up when I ask for it, shows no content for all categories.  What am I doing wrong or different from what I usually do?

I think I may have fixed it, something to do with the choices down the side of that table.  Will hope so anyway.

Momac - that happens to me if I have clicked View New Content too much or there hasn't been any new stuff since I last checked. It's working fine for me just now.

Momac - that happens to me if I have clicked View New Content too much or there hasn't been any new stuff since I last checked. It's working fine for me just now.

Me too,thanks Hazel.  

I posted tonight http://www.bookgrouponline.com/topic/8689-would-this-be-a-suitable-topic-for-discussion/?p=177883

No control over font size, tried a few times.

You had pressed the superscript button (the one with x2). I just highlighted the affected text and clicked the button off. So all fixed.

Not a huge deal because I can just go to the site, but I'm not getting notifications of activity on threads I follow. It's most noticeable in re the games. Anyone else having problems with this?