iff

Live Music Plans?

132 posts in this topic

I unfortunately haven't been to any live concerts or gigs in a year or so, my last concert was in January 2015 and I went to see Slipknot and Korn, super good but also super expensive! Around £90 for a standing ticket!  

In November I am going to see Bullet For My Valentine with a few friends, but I don't have any other gigs or concerts planned. Not many of the bands or singers I like visit my city so I normally have long intervals between the concerts I attend. But I am still looking forward to Bullet and hopefully more in the future!

End of September I'm off to see The Gloaming and Dave Gilmour (tho not at the same gig  :lmao: ) in October it's UB40 and in November Paul Simon.

Is Paul Simon still making the music rounds, the same who used to be partnered with Mr. Garfunkel?

2 more lined up for the end of the year

Kate tempest (currently reading her novel) at the end of November and in mid-december, going to see Low in Christchurch cathedral, which because of the setting I am really looking forward to

Something to look forward to iff!

Thanks, I also have some annual leave days not used so will work some time off to correspond with these

so i've had a busy year in regards to gigs so far.

in february, i had three gigs - frightened rabbit, joseph and teagan & sara. i enjoyed the three shows, teagan & sara were my favourite. really good live despite one of them (maybe sara) having a sore throat which led them to cancelling austrailia & new zealand tour), very heavy on the two electro pop albums which would be the two i love.

Joseph had been good, being a newish act, they could do some work on it and frightened rabbit was an enjoyable show.

i saw haley bonar in march, i thought she was excellent live. i really enjoyed this show

in june, i was at arcade fire. it was good.

last week i was at lisa hannigan who are mesmerising live. i really enjoyed this show. she is a really good performer. her support was an act i quite like too, inni-k

i have so far 5 others planned for the remainder of the year :)